The company has total generation capacity at 674 megawatts and will targets to 1,600 megawatts in the next 5 years.
Banpu Public Company Limited, a leading integrated energy solutions company in Asia-Pacific, continues to expand its portfolio in clean energy and energy technology through Banpu Next Company Limited (Banpu NEXT) that has a total power generation capacity of 674 megawatts at present. In response to future energy trends, the company today announced a full foray into clean energy segment with six businesses of Banpu NEXT, namely Renewable Energy Power Plant, Renewable Energy Microgeneration Systems, Energy Storage System (ESS), Electric Vehicle (EV), Energy Efficiency (EE) and Energy Technology Accessories. Banpu NEXT will thrive on its strength as a total provider of smart clean energy solutions with the capability to deliver multiple products, services and solutions to customers at reasonable prices. Banpu NEXT sets it target to generate clean energy capacity to over 1,600 megawatts in the next five years and is ready to gear itself towards leadership in sustainable energy business.
Mrs. Somruedee Chaimongkol, Chief Executive Officer of Banpu Public Company Limited, revealed, “In late 2019, BANPU introduced a major transformation to our clean energy portfolio by amalgamating two of our subsidiaries—Banpu Infinergy, an integrated provider of solar power system and smart city solutions, and Banpu Renewable Energy, a leading operator of renewable energy power plants in Asia Pacific1. As a result of this amalgamation, Banpu NEXT Company Limited was established as the new entity for Banpu’s clean energy portfolio. The company is positioned as a total smart clean energy solutions provider in Asia-Pacific.”
Banpu NEXT is an integrated clean energy technology company that aligns with BANPU’s ‘Greener & Smarter’ strategy. It will play a key role in working with business partners in energy technology and clean energy sectors as well as organizations in all other sectors to increase its capabilities and build a robust business ecosystem2. Banpu NEXT is currently engaged in following businesses:
- Renewable Energy Power Plant – Banpu NEXT invests in commercial electricity generation using renewable energy sources, with its operations comprising of solar power and wind power plants. The company currently has a total power generation capacity of 497 megawatts from its solar power capacity of 417 megawatts in China and Japan combined and wind power capacity of 80 megawatts in Vietnam3.
- Renewable Energy Microgeneration Systems – Banpu NEXT provides solar rooftop solutions for industrial and large-size business applications, with services ranging from site survey and system design through to installation and integration to smart city solutions. All are provided by its specialized teams of engineers with cutting-edge technologies in clean energy. To maximize customer care efficiency, advanced technologies are also introduced to its 24/7 after-sales service. The company’s solar rooftop solutions have been entrusted by leading companies from across industries. Its installed capacity currently totals 177 megawatts4.
- Energy Storage System (ESS) – With a commitment to clean energy experience, Banpu NEXT has expanded its business into energy storage. The company is exploring development of solar power storage systems for numerous applications, including uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and integration to smart grid and microgrid, to help customers minimize their energy cost with efficient electricity management during on-peak times.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) – Banpu NEXT is the first in Thailand to provide integrated electric vehicle fleet management with the concept of ‘Mobility as a Service’, offering one-stop service solutions including consultancy, evaluation of mobility needs, provision of the right vehicles to meet specific needs of each company, and after-sales support that combines advanced hardware and digital technologies for greater efficiency of its after-sales service.
- Energy Efficiency (EE) – Banpu NEXT offers consulting service in energy management to provide energy solutions that will optimise energy efficiency of each customer company. These include evaluation and analysis to provide a guideline for lower energy cost and better energy efficiency that contribute to sustainable growth of companies. Every process of the service is provided by our team of experts in energy technology.
- Energy Technology Accessories – Banpu NEXT offers state-of-the-art energy technology solutions for a well-developed ecosystem of clean energy and optimum energy efficiency based on individual needs of each customer organization. These accessories include Smart Pole, Solar Kiosk and EV Charging Stations.
“This transformation is part of BANPU’s strategy to solidify our leading position as an integrated energy solutions company and grow our portfolio of clean energy and energy technology businesses to meet global energy trends. The way forward will see Banpu NEXT building awareness of its strengths—one-stop service solutions at reasonable prices, cutting-edge technologies, and expertise of highly-qualified teams to provide the best services to the customers—and continuously expand its customer base. The company has a target to increase its power generation capacity to 1,600 megawatts by 2025. Besides, as a total smart clean energy solutions provider in Asia-Pacific, Banpu NEXT will work with our alliances in all sectors to help drive Thailand towards well-accomplished smart city development,” Mrs. Somruedee concluded.
For more information about the businesses of Banpu NEXT, please visit website www.banpunext.co.th or contact the company’s customer relations 02-095-6599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remarks1 : Banpu NEXT was established on 27 February 2020 as a result of an amalgamation between Banpu Infinergy Company Limited (BPIN), a 99.99%-owned subsidiary of BANPU, and Banpu Renewable Energy Company Limited (BRE), an indirect 78.57%-owned subsidiary of BANPU through Banpu Power Public Company Limited (BPP) that holds 99.99% shares of BRE. Therefore, Banpu NEXT is equally owned by BANPU and BPP as 50/50 shareholders of the company.
Remarks2 : BANPU Energy Technology Group has previously invested in leading companies, namely Sunseap Group Pte Ltd, a major provider of solar power systems in Singapore; Durapower Holdings Pte Ltd, an energy storage system provider based in Singapore; FOMM Corporation, a compact EV designer and manufacturer from Japan; and Urban Mobility Tech Company Limited, a transportation technology startup and provider of mobility service via pure electric tuk-tuks in Thailand.
Remarks3: Based on Q4/2019 business performance
Remarks4: Based on Q4/2019 business performance