Renewable or green energy has stepped in to play a more crucial role in people’s daily lives and how today’s businesses are operated, especially the electricity generated from solar power. Banpu Public Company Limited (BANPU), a leading integrated energy solutions company in Asia-Pacific, has introduced the innovation of solar energy microgrid1 system that comes with a solar power generating cabinet with energy storage using built-in lithium-ion batteries for night-time electricity consumption. The company joined to support one of Thailand’s iconic cultural events “Sukhothai Loy Krathong and Candle Festival 2019”, where Thai and international visitors can experience the clean energy generated by solar power to cater the festival’s spectacular light, sound & multimedia shows. An educational exhibition about solar energy organized by BANPU is also available for visitors at the activity zone of the event.
Mr. James Rama Phataminviphas, Chief Executive Officer, Banpu Infinergy Company Limited, expressed his view: “Nowadays, the advancement of solar technology and energy storage systems using lithium-ion batteries has become an increasingly important clean energy choice for Thai consumers. BANPU, as a leading integrated energy solutions company, aims to drive the business forward, along with our commitment to promote the use of green energy generated by state of the art technology following BANPU’s ‘Greener & Smarter’ strategy. This is in line with our corporate policy to operate the business using sustainably with focuses on the environmental, social, and governance principles. Our company strives to create a better understanding among consumers about benefits of the environmentally-friendly solar energy, and continues looking for opportunities to render green energy experiences for the Thai people in a more immersive fashion, such as in festivals, concerts and at tourism landmarks. BANPU also offers solar power solutions that help reduce energy costs instantly for business entrepreneurs without having to invest by themselves.”
During 2 -11 November, 2019, BANPU supported the “Sukhothai Loy Krathong and Candle Festival 2019” held graciously at Sukhothai Historical Park. Through the installation of solar energy microgrid system, the festival is able to benefit from the electricity 100% generated from the solar power without having to rely on other sources. The advanced innovation includes:
- A 47,600 watts mobile solar-powered cabinet containing solar panels which can be expanded out in the sunlight to generate electricity as needed.
- A portable solar energy storage cabinet that comes with a 500,000 watt-hours (Wh) lithium-ion battery to store electricity for night-time use.
It’sbeen the second consecutive year that BANPU carried out support for the “Sukhothai Loy Krathong and Candle Festival 2019”. The company recognized Sukhothai’s annual festival as a tradition that has been carried on for a long time. It has gained a status of a national festivity that is well-known to foreigners and worthy of continuing the preservation of such beautiful rituals. Quintessential activities at Sukhothai’s festival involve light & sound performances, such as the Khao Kwan activity, the Fire Play Day, the Dawn of Happiness Ceremony, the traditional Thai market using cowrie shells as premium in exchanging goods, along with the traditional fireworks display of Phlu, Talai, and Fai Phaniang pyrotechnics.
Visitors to the festival can be immersed in the solar energy experiences in the following spaces and activities:
- Khao Kwan Activity & Fire Play Day – highlighting a cultural space organizing auspicious and fortune-propitious rituals for visitors to Sukhothai festival since 1993. The area uses 100% clean energy from solar cells to fuel its meaningful activities to boost spiritual morale and promote happiness and prosperity throughout the year.
- Lighting at the event from BANPU – using the clean energy from solar-cell system
- BANPU Booth – participants to the festival can also learn more about clean energy through activities provided at the booth; these include, a bicycle test ride for electric generation, a free mobile phone charging station using solar energy, an expert-guided educational exhibition and consultation on solar-power solutions.
- Ticket Admission Booth – designed and developed by BANPU, the festival’s admission booth uses electricity from the solar energy to facilitate its ticketing activities at night.
“Our participation to support the Sukhothai festival this year received a positive feedback through visitors’ inquiries and their attendance to our booth in order to learn more about solar-cell energy and how to acquire our complete system installation service package. Consequently, BANPU will continue our mission to introduce innovative energy systems that provide convenient and safer access for the people. We believe that having directly experienced the use of clean energy could motivate all sectors to turn their attention to bring energy technology into their business operations and activities,” concluded Mr. Phataminviphas.
For entrepreneurs or business owners interested in installing solar power generation systems or other energy technologies, please see more details at: www.banpuinfinergy.co.th, or contact customer relations at Tel. 02-095-6599 or email to: email@example.com.
Remark1: Microgrid system is an electrical system that can supply power without having to connect to the electricity network system. It consists of various types of electric power generation systems, including Energy Storage System (ESS) and Energy Management System (EMS).