About solar roof system
No. The solar panels cannot generate electricity at night and the excess energy cannot be sold back to EGAT at present.
- Solar roof system do not work at night as the solar panels can only produce power during the day. However, using electricity during the night requires energy storage system (Battery). BanpuNext is already planning to provide energy storage system in the near future, as soon as the price and technology become adequate.
- The excess electricity cannot be sold back to EGAT at present. This is because the deadline of application to sell electricity generated by solar energy to EGAT has passed. Any policy update will be announced by EGAT.
No. The system is On-grid, therefore, the inverter will stop working automatically during a power outage for the safety of EGAT technician during system reparation. If the inverter does not stop working, the electricity generated by the solar panels could run backwards into the grid and can be life-threatening to the technician who is doing the repair work.
Yes. The electricity can be used from the mains grid as usual
If the solar roof system is not working, you can turn off the system and use the electric power from one source. When there is not enough sunlight to generate electricity, you do not need to switch off the solar system as the electric power will be fed automatically from the mains grid to your building.
Normally, when the solar cells convert the sun’s ray into electricity and will run to your home/building/plant first as they are located closer to your loads. When the system cannot generate enough power for your usage, the electricity from the grid will be fed to your household. You can monitor the amount of electricity generated by your solar roof system in real time by using BanpuNext’s mobile application.
No, you do not need to shut down the system. However, if you no longer wish to have the system installed, please notify BanpuNext in advance. There is no danger if the electricity is not being used.
We have the device to control the electric current when less or no electricity is being used in order to prevent the electric current from running back to the grid. Therefore, if you are not using the electricity, there is no need to shut down the solar roof system. However, the system must be shut down during the repair of existing electrical infrastructure of your building for worker’s safety.
When the solar cells capture sunlight, they convert the solar energy to direct current (DC) power. The DC power is sent through the system’s inverter to be converted to alternating current (AC) power which is then sent to the main distribution boards (MBD) in the building where it is mixed with electric power from the grid to automatically feed into your electrical appliances.
Solar panels use light intensity to generate electricity.
On-Grid system is the connecting of the solar roof system with the power grid of the Metropolitan Electricity Authority or the Provincial Electricity Authority. As electricity is a utility, it is subject to control and therefore the installation of the system must be acknowledged by related government agencies and must follow their rules and regulations.
The installation can be done easily and will not be a problem for the roof structure for following reasons:
- Weight: The solar panels weigh only 22 kilograms per square meter. In general, the roofs can handle such weight. Nevertheless, in order to standardize the installation of the system, we have a team of engineers to examine the roof structure and sign off on the design as an assurance.
- Wiring: we choose to use only the weatherproof and insulated electric wires and standard wire connections to prevent leakage current.
The installation process is supervised by engineers.
- Roof type: We have chosen the appropriate installation equipment for each type of roof materials such as metal sheet, double wall tiles,
which makes an installation rapid and safe from rain leaks without causing any damage to the roofs.
- Standard procedure of installation such as the requirement to include; an aisle which allows easy access for maintenance and inspection,
a weather sensor and solar power output monitoring device to keep track of the energy output performance.
- The main distribution board should be opened at least once a year to inspect the condition of the power wires, circuit breaker, pressure relief device, and for pest control.
In general, rain naturally helps wash the dirt off the panels thanks to the tilt angle of the panels. You can also clean the panels by using the hose to spray water upwards, to mimic rainfall. Only the tempered glass area should be washed. Do avoid spraying beneath the solar panels. Cleaning should be done on an overcast day. Nevertheless, over the duration of the contract, BanpuNext will send maintenance team to check and maintain the system equipment at least twice a year.
The residual substances such as dust, bird droppings, fallen leaves, or soot, on the panel surface will obstruct the panels from absorbing maximum sunlight and lessen the efficiency of electricity generated by a module. Therefore, when you find the dirt build-up on the solar panels, use only water to clean them. Never use other chemical solutions or abrasive products such as sandpaper to scrape the dirt off the panels. Cleaning should be done regularly when there is dirt to be seen and on an overcast day. Do not spray water underneath the solar panels.
Anything that obstructs light intensity such as shadow, cloud, dust, leaves, the tilt angle of the panels
1. Reduce your business’ operation cost with less energy bills
2. Reduce carbon dioxide emissions by deriving clean energy
3. Combat against global warming
4. Promote good corporate image
Solar panels can be installed on any type of roofs except corrugated roofs or roman tiles that are more than 10 years old. It is not recommended to install the system on roofs with more than 60 degree slope.
The panels should face south to produce maximum power
Installing solar panels will not cause leakage because there is no drilling in the process (for CPAC roof tiles and flat roof tiles. Other types of roof may require different methods of installation but drilling will only be considered as the last resort). Nonetheless, any leakage must be repaired prior to the installation of the panels.
Installing solar panels will help lower the temperature inside the building and reduce the need to use air-conditioning system because the solar panels will help filter out a portion of light before it reaches the surface of the building. Without direct sunlight, the air inside of the building will be cooler.
It is not dangerous to install solar panels. The solar panels are designed to be rainproof to prevent a short circuit.
The solar junction box installed behind the panels has an IP 67 rating which means it is resistant to dust and fluid ingress at the depth of 15 centimeters and up to 1 meter. For safety, however, it is not recommended to spray the water behind the panels where the solar junction boxes are located.
*IP (Ingress Protection Ratings) classifies and rates the levels of protection effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign objects. The rating system was established by European Committee for Electro Technical Standardization (CENELEC) (NEMA IEC 60529 Degrees of Protection Provided by Enclosures – IP Code). “IP” is followed by two numbers;
- The first digit indicates the level of protection against the ingress of solid particles.
- The second digit defines the protection against the ingress of liquid. The rating will be displayed as ‘IPXX’ where ‘XX’ represent the first and the second digit respectively, for example, IP67, IP68.
The chance of lightning strike remains the same as in places without the solar roof installation. The installation does not increase the probability of lightning strikes as the panels are not the same as lightning rod. BanpuNext provides the installation of grounding system along with our solar roof installation to protect against lightning damage.
The electricity can be used as usual. The solar power system will restart automatically after the current condition is back to normal. (If the circuit breaker is switched off, switch it back on and the solar power system resume working as usual.)
After sales service
- Please contact call center tel. 02-0956599 from Monday to Friday during 09:00 – 18:00 hrs.
- To report any system error, please contact 02-095-6599 press 3, 24/7
To report any system error, please contact 02-095-6599 press 3, 24/7
You can contact us via 3 channels namely:
During office hours, you will be called back by our staff within 15 minutes
We have a control room that tracks and displays the system performance in real-time. In case of an error, our staff will be automatically notified in order to provide analysis and conduct troubleshooting in a timely manner.